Monday, February 27, 2012

life and death.

The greatest mystery in life is the mystery of death. Does your soul move on, or does your consciousness fade into nothing? Dose it matter? Many claim to know the mysteries of what comes next. I am not one of them. The more I learn about the world and universe the less i know. Personally, I am agnostic, leaning towards atheism. Before I established these beliefs for myself, I thought that many atheists believed that their decisions don't carry weight because their are no consequences in the "next life". But why do we need some kind of reward/consequence system in some abstract afterlife to make moral/right decisions in this life? It seems kind of selfish to expect a reward for the good things you do in this life. (especially when those "good" things include ritualistic ceremonies, like marriage in special buildings or baptism.) I could continue on why I disagree on the concept of religion, but I will try and avoid that.

Here is a question to ponder: Would you post on Facebook if you couldn't see feedback to your post?

I think I would. I think it is important to do good things, like inform or share good messages, without seeking recognition. I think this can be applied to our lives. Live a life that helps others in a positive way. Live a life worth posting, but don't do it for some kind of eternal glory. Live the best life you can because its all you got. We are here now and have all the opportunity in the world, make a positive impact because after you die your actions will carry on.

"My life is my message." – Gandhi

"Don’t put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment